Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
My client a multi-office building services consultancy has an immediate requirement for a senior level mechanical services design engineer to join them in their Central London office. They are looking for somebody who has the ability to run multiple concurrent medium sized projects and undertake a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Yous should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience of working on a wide range of sector projects with leading client organisations, and contractors.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in a similar role who is prepared to work ‘hands on’.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of five years industry experience.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- Carrying out technical review of contractor’s technical submissions, working drawings and samples.
- Ability to carry out problem solving on site
- Carry out QA/QC inspections on site and produce associated reports
- Attend witness testing activities on site and produce associates reports
You will need to possess the following professional and technical expertise:
- BEng, MSc or have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE /MIET or HNC/HND with appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered or working towards
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types within the following key sectors: Logistics Centres, Retail, IT, Residential, Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Education
- Previous experience working for an MEP contractor would be advantageous
- Good site based experience with a practical background preferred
- Sound knowledge of CDM Regulations and production of Designers Risk Assessments
- Good knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of REVIT and ability to mark up drawings using Bluebeam software or equivalent PDF editor.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of British Standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload whilst working on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
Salary is commensurate with experience with a comprehensive benefits package.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position, you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be viewed on our website. Please see the link on our company website.
Apply for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly