Electronics Hardware Engineer
Your new company
A specialist in the design and realisation of modular testing solutions for complex and critical electronics, optronics, mechatronic systems. Their aim is to provide lasting innovative solutions to assist their clients throughout projects and to guarantee satisfaction.
Their mission is to test the world and enable their clients to validate their new products & technologies and commercialise them more quickly and more cost-effectively.
Your new role
This well established business is entering an exciting growth phase and is seeking an enthusiastic and creative Electronics / Hardware Engineer to grow its technical capability further.
This role requires an individual with a logical & analytical mindset always keen to learn who will enjoy having complete autonomy over the projects he/she is been given and being involved from technical pre-sales phase (demo, bidding work) through to final acceptance with customers.
You will be designing solutions and new concepts rather than developing an existing portfolio of products. Although the group has a strong core of technological building blocks (software, electronic, systems etc.) developed under a substantial annual group investment in R&D (10% of profit); most of the time their customers demand bespoke test solutions tailored to their particular needs and taking into consideration their own constraints. Resolving these challenges requires a good level of investigative activity to shape the technical solution with the support of your peers and potentially involve external partners to get the right performance, price point and lead time.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- You will be heavily involved on high-tech products and dealing with highly critical problems requiring a high level of discipline in a nearly unlimited variety of applications
- You will participate in the initial phases of business capture with the construction of technical architectures and the modelling and feasibility of technical solutions with the customer
- During projects, you will be responsible of the entire V cycle of the product by defining the functional specifications and being responsible of the development and the validation of the product by engaging with appropriate internal & external stakeholders.
- You will then drive the production, test & commissioning of the systems according to the specification aligned with the applicable quality standards
- You will attend the final acceptance with the customer and ensure that the necessary arrangements are made to successfully transfer the system to in-service support You will assist the head of programmes with the successful running and administration of engineering projects
What you'll need to succeed
- Generalist Electronic & Electrical degree or equivalent, with strength in hardware design
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within a Hardware Engineering role
- Strong taste for high technologies Self-learner and appetite for challenges
- Entrepreneurial mind
- Great Team worker
- Knowledge of the life cycle of industrial projects (V, Earned Value Management cycle...)
- Track record in taking ownership of a small to medium size projects
- Digital systems
- Develop PCB designs from prototype to end product (OrCAD suite)
- Electronic Design architecture (Analogue/Digital) PLD coding (FPGA, CPLD)
- Understand how to work with lab instruments such as Oscilloscopes/Analyzers
- Automated test equipment
- Project Management
- Production and manufacturing support
What you'll get in return
On offer is a comprehensive rewards package, including a generous holiday allowance and a pension with a high level of Employer contribution.
Through their fully funded benefits scheme you can enjoy products that ensure you stay healthy and secure and suit todays demanding lifestyles. These include family level private healthcare (Vitality), complimentary therapies cash plan (dental, optical, physio, EAP), Life Assurance and Income Protection.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Electronics Hardware Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly