Senior Building Services Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Bristol - Salary: Circa: £45,000
Your new company
You'll be joining a world leading engineering and design consultancy based just outside of Bristol. With just under 18,000 employees, a turnover of £1.7 billion and over 200 offices worldwide. They currently have over 9000 in the UK across more than 100 office locations and operate globally across Asia, the Middle East, Africa and North America.
Your new company are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in Bristol, but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers all across the UK and internationally through their Global Design Centre. The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Your new role
* Full technical responsibility and operational accountability for Building Services output on projects
* Bidding for opportunities and generally contributing to the win-work effort
* Commercial responsibility for the delivery of the Building Services team engaged on projects
* Responsibility for key client management for specific clients
* Manage the performance of others to ensure clients receive a good service
* Provides management, motivation, inspiration and leadership for other members of the Building Services team
* Undertaking appraisals and personal development plans for selected team members
* Can identify and nurture talent in others to build a high performing and technically sound team
* Develops/contributes towards marketing material and bid documents
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering and Chartered with a relevant institution
* Ability to influence senior management and peers within the industry and positively challenge
* Experience in either Airports, Commercial or Defence sectors
* Extensive project experience, involving high levels of technical competence
* Experience working on a variety of major multi-discipline design projects
* Demonstrable leadership and people management skills with the ability to run a team
* Good commercial awareness, business management skills and results orientation
* Customer focused
* Confident ability with good communication skills and a professional approach to clients and other Atkins employees
* Ability to collate information and have a clear and structured approach to report writing.
What you'll get in return
In return of a competitive salary you'll receive a comprehensive list of benefits which you receive from a large consultancy. This includes: holiday buy/sell, a competitive pension scheme, eyecare vouchers, 25 days annual leave, income protection, travel insurance, critical illness insurance, gym membership, dental insurance, life assurance, health care cash plan, partner critical illness insurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan, fitness funding and discounts on restaurants and retailers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Building Services Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly