An established building services/sustainability consultancy has an urgent requirement for a sustainability consultant to join their team working under the Head of Sustainability.
The main function of the role will be to undertake as BREEAM Sustainability Assessments and Part L SAP assessments for new buildings and refurbishments.
You should be
- Qualified SAP assessor (preferably using Elmhurst software)
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor / knowledge of: under any of the following:
- BREEAM 2014 New Construction/Commercial - Includes Office, Retail and Industrial
- BREEAM Assessor Other Buildings – Includes Multi-Residential, hotels, care homes, bespoke buildings etc.
- BREEAM Assessor Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out - Includes Office, Retail and Industrial, other buildings, etc.
- CSH and HQM Assessor – New residential dwellings only
- BREEAM Domestic Refurb – Refurbishment and conversion of existing residential dwellings
You will be required to complete SAP calculations for new build development, refurbishments, and part new build/part refurb projects and be qualified to lodge domestic EPCs at Draft, Design and As built stages.
You should be familiar with thermal bridging calculations and have a knowledge of Building Regulations Part L1A and 1B.
You will undertake pre-assessment, Design Stage & Post Construction stage assessments through to certification and assist the production of Sustainability Statements and Energy Strategy reports for Planning.
- Exploring multiple options and summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team and attending meetings as necessary
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting where appropriate
- Supporting the design and construction teams in reviewing the required BREEAM evidence
- Help to produce reports to design team and BRE
- Engage effectively with the BRE quality assurance procedures
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and to the appropriate level of detail
- Keeping others informed of progress on projects and any concerns
- Provide assistance for delivering BREEAM Assessments from pre-assessment to final certification
- Undertake Life Cycle Analysis and Life Cycle Costing in the future
Key responsibilities will include.
- Assisting in the production of Sustainability Assessments to meet local and national Planning requirements and the GLA.
- Attending sustainability review meetings within the design team
- Having awareness of broader sustainability issues (e.g. life Cycle Analysis & Costing, passive design, health & well being, post-occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Having awareness of tasks on projects from conception to handover
- Having the ability to prioritise own workload and manage various projects at different stages
- Being winning to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, etc, and/or modelling software.
- Liaising with the design team to facilitate the process of sustainability measures.
- Assisting Head of Sustainability with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implementing and managing QA systems and procedures on all your projects.
- Implementing Company Health and Safety.
You should have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working on BREEAM and CSH assessments through to certification and have a good knowledge of the sustainability related statutory legislation and standards in the construction industry.
Damia Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this position, you accept our Data Protection Policy which can be viewed on our website. Please see the link on our company profile.