Associate Electrical Engineer
Our client is looking for an Associate Electrical Engineer based in London. The individual should be a motivated, autonomous self-starter who is not afraid to jump in. Must be a good communicator who is able to work in a team and keen to learn new skills. Always ready to contribute to the team when required.
Design and run projects designated by your team leader. Carry out detailed design, including calculations in accordance with industry standards and guides. Prepare specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme. Monitor project site works comprising working with contractors, snagging and testing. Undertake site surveys and report.
- Work with team electrical lead collaboratively to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Team electrical lead will support and aid development of associate engineer.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your team leader, for each project, as well as understand relationship with client and project team.
- Develop fee proposals and monitor project spend through the duration of the project.
- Assist team leader with monitoring engineering/CAD/Revit resource requirement for each project under your control.
- Carry out electrical engineering role from concept design to completion on site, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are met.
- Liaise with the (internal and external) design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, and to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and
- Monitor and control project design progress, including minimising design variations.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist team leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements.
- Help develop improved working practices within the company, including contributing to company standards.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all your projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety policy e.g. ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Preferred Skills & Requirements
- This role will lead to Associate Director level for the right candidate.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent.
- Able to write originally scripted specifications (not NBS) and reports using their in-house style.
- Experienced user of Amtech, Dialux, Bluebeam etc.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Able to undertake computer modelling. Organise and direct the production of CAD drawings.
- Experience in data centres, MV design and managing projects – ideally 5 years’ industry experience. The client are willing to work with successful applicant to develop these skills but engineer definitely needs a can-do attitude and an enquiring mind.
- Experience designing resilient generator, UPS and switchgear systems.
- Experience in internally managing on-going projects with limited supervision.
- Experience on site monitoring projects, working with contractors and witnessing testing and commissioning activities.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team collaboratively and co-operatively.
- Ability to travel abroad (not too frequently), i.e. for factory tests, site surveys etc.