Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Brilliant chance for opportunity and to be able to play a big part in this consultancy's success as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
Our client is a young and dynamic consultancy with big plans to grow over the next few years. They predominantly operate within the commercial sector so it would be advantageous if you had demonstrated experience in this area. They are looking for an ambitious and talented Senior Electrical Engineer to come and join either their Shrewsbury or their London office to help them grow the team. There would also be a degree of flexibility allowing you to work from home where possible.
Senior Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
Key skills will include design of electrical systems and a good working knowledge of Building Services within the commercial property sector. Ideally you will have some knowledge/ ability for HVAC Design.
The Building Services Design Engineer's duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Producing Electrical (M&E) Designs & Drawings using AutoCAD software
- Carrying out tests on systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services, witness testing and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
- Liaising with plumbers, electricians, surveyors, architectural technologists and other construction professionals
- The ability to conceptualise the best and most efficient way of detailing a design solution
- Giving presentations and writing reports highlighting the practical implications of design(s)
- Promoting energy efficiency and other sustainability initiatives
- Developing and maintaining management systems and procedures for overall project management tasks
- Managing teams of external consultants and contractors
Senior Electrical Engineer Requirements:
- Degree or HNC qualified in building services or electrical engineering
- 8+ years in a design role within a consultancy
- CEng or working towards
- Up to date knowledge of building regulations and legislation
- Ability to work on multiple teams
- Full UK driving license
- A good understanding of Construction Contracts, financial and resource management, procurement and client interface
- Experience in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, Amtech and Relux/Dialux Design software
If you want the opportunity to get in early with a quickly evolving team as a Senior Electrical Engineer then apply now.