Associate Mechanical Engineer
The Yorkshire team are currently seeking to appoint an Associate Mechanical Engineer to lead the mechanical team and contribute to business development activity in the region. The role will take ownership of delivering sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects led by the office, across a variety of sectors.
With current workload including large scale residential developments, commercial offices, higher education, Facitlities,historic refurbishments, sports centres, and mixed use schemes, the Building Services team continues to deliver cutting edge design solutions which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources.
More about the role...
This key role will have a variety of day to day responsibilities including:
- Lead the mechanical team and take a project leadership role as required;
- Communicating directly with Clients, offering innovative design solutions and managing expectations. Further developing relationships with existing and new clients including contractors, architects and developers.
- Preparing technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Managing workload of engineers and technicians
- Preparing Technical Specifications.
- Monitor financial performance of jobs as well as setting up and managing job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Associate Engineer, ideally with some experience in the commercial sector to develop their career and client base whilst offering leadership and guidance to other members of the team.
More about you...
The ideal candidate would be a Chartered Engineer with the following skills:-
- An enthusiasm for delivering simple effective solutions to solve complex problems
- A respected designer of mechanical engineering systems with experience of delivering large scale projects.
- The ability to accept a high degree of responsibility for project technical and financial performance.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to develop relationships with clients, architects and other team members.
- Although mechanically biased it is expected that you will have a good understanding of other design disciplines.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution and registration with the ECUK or other recognised body.
What's in it for you...
In return, the client can offer fantastic opportunities to...
- Lead a talented team of mechanical engineers on challenging projects across commercial, residential, mixed use, leisure, education and historic buildings sectors;
- Play a significant, client-facing role in the office with excellent scope for developing new work and relationships;