M&E Design Manager
M&E DESIGN MANAGER
Central London Office (Travel to Watford: Head Office)
Monday to Friday
40 hours per week (8am-5pm)
£65k to £75k + Package
- 25 days annual leave
- BUPA healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits
My client is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas
- Create a preferred supplier listing of consultants that can be used to deliver arrange of design services within various size projects. These design services should cater from concept stage through to ‘Stage 6 ’ in accordance with RIBA.
- Develop standard documents (PSA’s) for consultant appointments, using RIBA tick list and other scope requirements specific to each individual project, contract and design responsibility.
- Manage the design process in conjunction with the project team to ensure that the design is delivered to a suitable quality and standard that fulfils the contract obligations, also ensuring the necessary design checks are carried out at each stage.
- Manage the delivery of the consultants design in line with the design programme requirements. Ensure the Consultant produces progress reports against the individual programme activities. Take the necessary action with the consultant if progress is falling behind to ensure progress is maintained.
- Input into the production of design programmes with the project team and planner to ensure the Principal Contractor or Client requirements are met.
- Review designs at tender stage based upon a risk assessment matrix to advise senior management of any risk that could be mitigated within the tender.
- Develop and manage a drawing management process that ensures all design
- Ensure that the design where applicable is suitable for prefabrication and off site modularisation taking into account maintenance access, life cycle and operational requirements.
- Input into the BIM process to ensure a consistent, seamless integration from design through to coordinated drawings. Manage the in house CAD teams to met drawing issue dates
- Attend design team meetings where required and resolve any design issues that arrive. Ensure that the necessary reports are produced either by the consultant or by team for issue at the meetings.
- Assure through the design process, due consideration is given to costs which shall be reflective of the commercial cost report. Advise the project team / QS of any changes to a project scheme that will require instruction from the Principal Contractor / Client.
- Where required, provide outline design information for cost plan/price and purposes based in indicative design calculations
- Set up formal procedure for design management as a senior electrical design manager, ensuring that other team members are properly developed
- Attend interviews as part of the tender process to present design concepts and design delivery. Review schemes for Value Engineering that may assist appointment.
- Manage sub contract design consultants, overseeing quality, accuracy and programs are met. Hold regular in house design team meetings and produce detailed reports on progress.