Technical Director (Mechanical)
We are currently working with a world-famous Multidisciplinary consultancy that work on some of the biggest and most influential projects in the world. They have a strong presence in Asia and do a lot of work in the commercial sector and are currently looking to bring a Mechanically biased Technical Director to come and join their Manchester based office.
The client we are currently working with have been established for over a century and operate all across the UK as well as globally employing nearly 10,000 employees internationally. They deliver some brilliant projects worldwide and have a highly successful Building Services Division. Due to a substantial increase in workload and projects they are currently looking to appoint a talented individual to act as a Mechanically biased Technical Director in their Manchester Based office. You will be responsible for working on a variety of different projects of all sizes and in a variety of different sectors. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Building Services environment for a good number of years and have excellent technical ability when it comes to the detailed design of MEP Systems within a multitude of building types. You will also be able to support entire teams of engineers mentoring and developing their technical abilities to achieve extremely high standards. As well as this you will have good experience of winning new business and repeat business and be able to go to client meetings and confidently liaise with very senior professionals inside and outside of the business. You will also have good working knowledge of a variety of different design software and be able to competently use them. You will exemplary communication skills and be able to manage the workloads of yourself and other engineers to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the client's standards. If you are able to bring your own business to the company this will also be seen as advantageous.
Mechanically Biased Technical Director Requirements:
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in the building services industry
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services
- CEng ideally with other CIBSE Accreditations
- Ability in the mechanical design and delivery of projects to a high quality, from concept to completion
- Sound knowledge of thermal modelling and energy efficient/sustainable design
- Sound knowledge of BIM and the ability to implement the use of 3D design on projects;
- Ability in the mechanical design and delivery of projects to a high quality, from concept to completion;
- Ability to undertake surveys and inspections and report on material and construction defects and provide guidance for remedial repairs;
- Ability to lead a team of engineers within a project, liaising directly with clients, architects and other design team members;
- Experience in the successful management of projects;
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes;
- Familiar with UK Building Regulations and design standards for discipline
If you are interested in working with this brilliant consultancy as an ambitious and technically excellent Mechanically biased Technical Director, then apply now.