BMS Controls Engineer
Building Services Controls Engineer - Nottingham - £30-40k
Your new company
Hays Building Services are currently working in partnership with a Nottingham based local authority organisation who are looking for a Building Management Systems (BMS) Controls Engineer to oversee all buildings on their estate.
Your new role
- This post manages and maintains the estates' Building Management Systems. These are computerised systems that control heating, cooling, and ventilation in almost all of the organisation's buildings.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the organisations Building Management Systems (BMS), which control the environment in all of the major buildings. This includes responsibility for ensuring the BMS platforms are available and updated for users at all times in line with organisations IT standards
- Manage the upgrade of Schneider BMS controls from the existing Continuum system to the new Struxureware application
- Day-to-day operation and management of the BMS systems including adjusting set-points, schedules, alarms, and programmes.
- Responding to complaints from building users as necessary and identifying and resolving any problems by managing internal staff and external contractors to ensure a solution is provided.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree (or equivalent), ideally in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering or substantial relevant experience of working with BMS systems
- Thorough knowledge of all building mechanical services infrastructure including renewable technologies
- Excellent level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to interpret electrical panel wiring schematics
- Extensive IT skills in particular use of Microsoft Office software
- Substantial relevant experience of programming BMS controls software
- Identifying and managing BMS and energy reduction projects
- Ability to manage internal staff and contractors
- Proven ability to prepare technical reports
What you'll get in return
- £30,000 - £40,000
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company Pension
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097