Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is looking for a bright, enthusiastic Senior Electrical Engineer with a minimum of eight years’ experience across different sectors, predominantly commercial and residential, as well as hotel, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes etc.
The client is an established and reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy, that have an impressive client list and work on a variety of projects, both large and small.
Key responsibilities of the role would include:
- Working well within the team, able to lead projects, and mentor junior staff.
- Acting as lead electrical designer on projects from inception to completion.
- Assisting with the preparation of client briefs.
- Delivering technical presentations to the professional team.
- Managing site coordination meetings.
- Ensuring the delivery of projects on time and to budget, monitoring workload against deliverables.
- Financial management including negotiating fees.
- Assisting with fee proposals and pitches for new work.
- Assisting with the review of appointment documents and scopes of service.
Technical Knowledge And Skills
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and skills:
- Academic requirement: BEng/equal or demonstrable practical experience.
- Attained or working towards Chartered status.
- A good understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, the CDM Regulations, BREEAM, renewable technology etc.
- Proficient in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Trimble (formerly Amtech) or Cymap, DIALux or similar.
- Preferably conversant with and able to use AutoCAD and Revit.
- Preferably experienced in condition surveys/report writing (including pre-acquisition, vendor, dilapidations, etc.).
- A general understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own, sufficient to understand their impact in the overall design, and converse at a high level.
- A high level of attention to detail and a good level of oral and written communication, in particular you will have well developed report writing skills.
- Presentable and professional in your demeanour with first-class interpersonal skills.