Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Our client is looking for an exceptional Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Cambridgeshire.
The candidate should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, forward planner with the ability to deliver work to a high standard and to tight timescales.
The role of an Mechanical Design Engineer will involve:
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
- Being involved in all stages of the projects
- Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Carry out design calculations utilising both manual and computer techniques
- Continue to learn about new technologies and developments
- Monitor own design delivery for quality and in line with programme and budget
- Liaison with the other design department members to understand client’s requirements and select solutions, plant and equipment appropriately
- Services technical design knowledge and co-ordination
- Representing the client at certain project meetings
- Sustainability understanding and implementation (LZC)
- Site management of contractors and installations
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Practical site knowledge and experience
- Follow quality assurance processes and implementation
- Sound understanding of other disciplines
You should be working towards:-
- BREEAM & Passivhaus understanding and implementation
- Thermal modelling expertise
- Undertaking feasibility assessments and production of RIBA stage C&D reports
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE)
You should have knowledge of:-
- IT design (IES/TAS/Hevacomp/Revit)
- British & European Standards, Building Regulations etc.
- Knowledge of HTM’s would be beneficial but not essential.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will need to have the following experience:-
- HNC minimum qualification
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience and qualifications.