Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer / Design Manager - M&E Contractor - Northampton - £45-60k
Your new company
A medium sized building services contractor based in Northamptonshire. They work on projects across the UK from Schools, Universities, Offices, Hotels and Student accommodation and distribution centres. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Manager to head up their small design team.
Your new role
As a Principal Engineer you will be responsible for delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes, across a wide variety of sectors, including Health, Education, Commercial and Industrial. In your role as a Principal Engineer you will:
- Manage a small multi-discipline team of engineers and CAD/Revit support staff in delivering the designs of assigned projects.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Be in a client facing role, attending project meeting and being a key focal point for the business during the design phase of the project.
- Take responsibility for the technical and timely delivery of your assigned projects.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities, offering advice and guidance to ensure they develop their design and project management skills.
- Monitor and report on design progress and delivery.
- Have good working knowledge of industry design software; IES, Hevacomp, Autocad, Revit, MagiCAD, Solibri etc.
What you'll get in return
- £45,000 - 60,000
- Car Allowance
- 24 days holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097