Mechanical Estimator - M&E Contractor - Rochester - Up to £60k - Permanent
Your new company
A well-established Mechanical and Electrical contractor based in Kent are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Estimator to join their growing team. They operate across the South East of England. The position involves all aspects of estimating from entry of new enquiries to the handover. This role would suit an Estimator with a Mechanical background looking for a long term permanent role within a growing company where you can progress your career.
Your new role
- Close liaison with clients/potential clients regarding any enquiries received into the company and assigned, representing the business in a professional manner always.
- Attend site surveys, or tender interviews as necessary
- To liaise with other departments. This may involve liaison with commercial, legal, procurement, accounts, design, Health & Safety, project delivery teams and directors of the business as appropriate
- Evaluate supplier and subcontract returns to ensure compliance with the tender specification/documentation.
- Provide prime cost reports for management/director input.
- Provide ongoing assistance to the projects team if requests for the generation of variation costs are received.
- Provide feedback to allow other departments to effectively monitor and control the supplier and subcontract supply chain to ensure best value is achieved
- Liaise closely with the procurement department regarding cost and selection of equipment, materials and subcontract packages to achieve best value at tender stage
What you'll need to succeed
- Mechanical engineering experience within a similar role/company
- Good computer literacy including ability to work on estimating software, word and excel.
- Driving licence holder
- CSCS card holder
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of up to £60k + Excellent benefits package. They are a growing opportunity and therefore have fantastic career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.