Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Do you want a career in Building Surveying Project Management working for a multi award winning property and construction consultancy where you will be involved in a broad spectrum of professional and project based commissions with a wide range of clients? projects worth up to £300M for ground breaking clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc?
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team.
About the Role
Based at our office in Reading with over 60 staff, you will be responsible for delivering innovative solutions for our clients.
Mechanical Design Engineer duties include:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Accredited Engineering degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be an advantage)
It is anticipated the role will require initial and on-going training in areas where knowledge may be limited and you will be fully supported by Ridge in gaining this expertise.
What's in it for you?
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
- Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly