Senior Building Services Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Building Services Electrical Design Engineer - Bristol - Salary circa £45,000
Your new company
You'll be joining a world leading engineering and design consultancy based just outside of Bristol. With just under 18,000 employees, a turnover of £1.7 billion and over 200 offices worldwide. They currently have over 9000 in the UK across more than 100 office locations and operate globally across Asia, the Middle East, Africa and North America.
Your new company are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in Bristol, but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers all across the UK and internationally through their Global Design Centre. The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
Your new role
* Take an active role in managing, supervising and training junior/graduate engineers, leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity.
* Oversee and manage all aspects of multi-disciplinary projects, engaging with the project design team, contractors and clients.
* Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
* Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
* Work in partnership with Atkins global design centre (GDC) to add value to building services projects
* Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
* Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
* Maintaining records and archives to company standards
* Increase knowledge, and use of, Atkins capabilities outside of Building Services
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services
* Engineering or related subjects
* Chartered Engineer or working towards being a Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
* Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
* Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
* Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
* Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
* Strong understanding of the commercial aspects of project management
What you'll get in return
In return of a competitive salary you'll receive a comprehensive list of benefits which you receive from a large consultancy. This includes: holiday buy/sell, a competitive pension scheme, eyecare vouchers, 25 days annual leave, income protection, travel insurance, critical illness insurance, gym membership, dental insurance, life assurance, health care cash plan, partner critical illness insurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan, fitness funding and discounts on restaurants and retailers.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.