Principal Mechanical Engineer
We have exciting opportunities for Principal Mechanical engineers to join our growing multi disciplinary team in London.
You will form part of a dynamic and innovative team, contributing to its leadership and successful delivery of projects from concept strategies to post completion evaluations.
· Represent the client and their core ethos of technical excellence and project delivery with passion, enthusiasm and professionalism.
· Plan, manage, undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering system design for building services including calculations, analysis, development of schematics, preparation of drawings, explanatory diagrams, models, specifications, equipment schedules and other documentation as required.
· Represent the client at meetings with Clients, professional teams and contractors.
· Establish and maintain strong professional working relationships with peer professionals, Clients, contractors and other design team members to have a reputation as a trusted advisor to all parties through the lifecycle of projects.
· Support Directors and Associates in developing the business and Client base.
· Maintain knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and industry best practice.
· Proactively engage in professional development activities and be familiar with relevant emerging technologies.
· Comply with quality procedures and standards
· Contribute and assist in project and company related activities in support of other team members.
Essential Skills and Attributes
· Dynamic individual capable of working within a team environment as well as the ability to work autonomously.
· Chartered Engineer, professionally registered with a recognised engineering institution. Exceptionally candidates will be considered who are professionally registered and are able to demonstrate that a Chartership application will be submitted within 12 Months.
· Proven ability to design Building Services engineering systems and able to demonstrate and articulate the rationale behind the development of the design proposals.
· Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of low carbon design.
· Ability to share technical knowledge and experience with other team members.
· Proactively contribute to project reviews and reflections.
· Legally eligible to work within the United Kingdom.
· Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Principal Engineer Job Description
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and team work ethic with ability to lead by example.
· Demonstrate initiative and able to work independently under pressure to meet the requirements of project deadlines efficiently.
· Ability to communicate and present in a professional manner.
· Capability to use a variety of media and techniques to communicate.
· Demonstrate a flexible and open approach to professional development, adopting new ways of working and continual personal growth.
· Be able to develop project delivery programmes and use them to efficiently deliver projects within the agreed programme.
· Professional network of peers Desirable Skills and Attributes
· Experience within residential, secure environments, commercial, critical systems, education or leisure sectors.
· Experience in client management, business development, bid preparation and tender processes.
· Project management and delivery skills and commercial awareness.
The successful candidate will be expected to have experience in the following software packages, depending on discipline:
· Amtech Prodesign
· IES Virtual Environment
· Low Carbon Comfort Space Allowances
· Sketch Up
· Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Project
The applying candidate will require min 1 year experience working in the UK.
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly