Senior Electrical Engineer
We are currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer with power generation systems / electrical distribution background, to join our clients Building Services team at their Leicestershire office.
Our client is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice working within the property, infrastructure and construction industry. The firm employs 500+ people and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
You will be working on a wide variety of construction projects in the UK (mostly public sector), with main duties including:
- Deliver exceptional technical and commercial solutions
- Project and contract management
- Prepare technical reports, specifications, contract documents etc
- Design team management
- Carry out building analysis and provide system design calculations
- Liaise directly with Clients and Contractors
- Supervise junior staff on a day to day basis
Our team is about 40-strong, consisting of mechanical and electrical engineers, as well CAD/Revit Technicians. The Building Services Engineering division works closely with our other disciplines (Architects, Surveyors, Project Managers, Civil/Structural Engineers), therefore you will benefit from and support the skills/expertise across the Practice.
Key skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Chartered member of IET or CIBSE – highly desirable
- Design consultant or contractor background
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution systems at 11k and 415 volts, standby generator and UPS installations, DNO interfacing etc.
- Experience of industrial electrical engineering in the process sector – desirable
- Experience of general electrical building engineering services
- Experienced user of Amtech design software including Protect HV and PowerNet modules
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare (BUPA)
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
The candidate will require a minimum of 1 years experience working in the UK.