Senior Electrical Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Services Electrical Design Engineer to be part of our clients multidisciplinary engineering team in London. You will be required to work autonomously or with a team to develop the successful projects through clear strategy and proactive commitment.
· Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times
· Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organisations.
· Attend all meetings with client, project team, contractors etc.
· Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design for electrical building services and power distribution systems, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required
· Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties
· Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practise
· To contribute and assist, as required by the Project Leader or nominated Engineer
- Assess and develop value engineering solutions and co-ordinate all services
Qualities & skills required: Essential
· At least 5 years’ experience in a building design engineering capacity within the UK
· Proven ability to design electrical Building Services systems and demonstrate rationale behind proposals
· Experience of Electrical Engineering for more than one project (construction value >£30M) - Required involvement from Concept to Construction - Involved in Construction Administration (snagging, Testing &Commissioning)
· Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of low carbon design
· Legally able to work in the United Kingdom
· Fluent in English (written and spoken)
· Communicate and present in a professional manner, both written and verbally.
· Use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
· Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and work well in a team
· Actively demonstrate initiative and able to work independently under pressure to meet deadlines efficiently
· A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
· Project Management with good financial acumen
· Experience in Education, Retail, High-rise Mixed Used Commercial projects delivery
· Specialism in one or more of the following: - Lighting - IT and Communications Infrastructure - Security - High / Medium Voltage - Earthing, Bonding and EMC - Lightning Protection - UPS and Generator - Fire Protection - Building Information Modelling
· Proficient in some of the following: - Revit - Navisworks - AutoCad - Dialux - Relux - Amtech - Hevacomp - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Apply for Senior Electrical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly