Building Services Director
Greystone Engineering are excited to be able to offer a Building Services Director role in London. This role will be a fast paced, senior design position to work on London based refurbishment and fit-out projects.
Must be able to provide management of an engineering group as Director. Monitoring and delivering projects with effective use of resources relative to fee with maximum profitability, maintaining technical quality, professionalism and completing all design activities to programme. Monitor and coach all staff performance within their group. Implement training, QA, Health and Safety.
- To manage project delivery, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plan and agree deliverables, i.e. report, specifications and drawings scope for all projects within the group.
- Agree level of service, commensurate with fee with the Project Director, for each project. Manage fee draw down and assist Project Director with invoicing.
- Monitor resource relative to each project monthly allowable fee expenditure, defining monthly CAD requirements and two-weekly engineering workload forecasts.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved, via frequent design reviews with engineers.
- Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client’s expectations and promote a team approach.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- Implement management and administration systems (timesheets/expenses etc), coordinate holiday leave within group.
- Carry out staff appraisals in accordance with IIP. Report any staff performance problems to Project Director, and agree corrective action.
- Identify and implement all training/CPD requirements of staff within their group.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (preferably a Chartered Engineer).
- Minimum 10 years experience – technically competent.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.
- Commercial awareness and acumen.
- Good management skills.
A key requirement is being able to bring some aspiration into the company, to want to work towards a career path with the client which we will help monitor and support, to work in a team, enthusiasm, desire and appreciation of working within a small dynamic business working in London, across the UK for a range of very strong clients and brands.
To apply for this role you must be eligible to work in the UK.