Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Sheffield/Nottingham - £45,000 - 50,000 + Package (Building Services)
Your new company
A privately owned Building Services Consultancy with offices strategically located around the UK. They are looking to strengthen their team by appointing an additional Mechanical Engineer to their already successful team in Nottingham or Sheffield.
You will be responsible for a range of projects across varying market sectors, and for delivering services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design information to installation quality. Additionally the successful candidate shall be well versed in undertaking project inspections, fault finding and maintenance assessments.
Your new role
You will be required to deliver client focused effective design solutions, and have a good working knowledge of cost and value in design.
- Undertake feasibility studies.
- Undertake building dilapidation surveys and prepare associated reports.
- Reviewing infrastructure designs, preparing load calculations and prepare / applying initial utility services applications.
- Preparation of detailed budget costs and defined estimates if required.
- Prepare concept deign information from RIBA stage 2 and 3 in support of project concept design development.
- Understand the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM.
- Work with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions.
- Attend design team and project meetings on behalf of the company.
- Prepare specifications/equipment schedules/drawing and information to installation and fully coordinated standards (RIBA Stage 5).
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising commissioning of mechanical services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or HNC in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and usage of industry standard Building Services design packages.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Hevacomp, Revit (desirable)
- Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
- Have a UK full driving licence
What you'll get in return
- £45,000 - 55,000
- Car / Car Allowance
- 24 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Company pension
For more information, please contact Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097