Electrical Design Engineer
Our client has expanded into the Bristol market and are looking to increase their numbers by employing an Electrical Design Engineer.
Working on a varied portfolio from Residential, Commercial and Data Centre projects.
Purpose of Job:
They are looking for an established Electrical Design Engineer to join their busy building services design team based in their Bristol office. Applicants will already be working at a similar level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree or HND qualified and have attained or be working towards their relevant grade of professional membership (IEng/CEng). Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects
- Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Able to work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements on electrical design
- Support senior members of staff in managing client and design team relationships
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of electrical systems across a range of sectors
Training Programme requirements:
- Commit to goals and objectives of a career development programme including attendance of in-house and external technical and non-technical training.
- Commit to achieving or maintaining Chartered Engineer status through relevant professional institution.
- Support the development of team members and undertake the mentoring of members of the engineering team.
- Familiarise and learn about sustainable low energy initiatives and to share this with other members of your team and wider within the Partnership.
Apply for Electrical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly