Principal Mechanical Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and client-focused Mechanical Building Services expert to join the team at our office London, to play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative mechanical design solutions for some of the most exciting building projects in Northern Ireland, the UK, and around the world.
Working across a variety of sectors such as Education, Healthcare, Residential, Retail and Critical Systems, you will lead a team of specialist engineers and technicians, and work closely with colleagues of various disciplines to manage the delivery of technically-excellent, profitable projects.
You will develop new and nurture existing outstanding client relationships that maximise satisfaction and ensure repeat business, and will use your wealth of expertise and leadership skills to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers.
Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering (MEng or BEng), and having gained vast experience in a Mechanical Engineering role within a building services context (Ventilation, cooling and air conditioning, heating systems etc), you have proven your technical expertise in relevant design software including CYMAP and/or Hevacomp, and have a portfolio of experience demonstrating your familiarity with high quality engineering solutions and a client-focused approach.
In your most recent position you have consistently demonstrated your ability to manage multiple large scale projects and less experienced engineers to deliver to, and exceed client expectations, and crucially – you have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
Given the collaborative and client focused nature of this role, excellent communication and project management skills are essential.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and/or other project requirements
• Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff
• Monitor resourcing requirements for projects and provide feedback to Associates / Partners 2
• Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects (including commercial and financial management, project management, and compliance with QA, environmental and health and safety procedures)
• Provide training and coaching to more junior staff, including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
• Attend internal and/or external marketing and business development events as appropriate
• Contribute to the preparation of submissions and fee bids
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
• Contribute to Practice-wide technical initiatives (such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc)
The applicant will require a minimum of 1 year working in the UK.