Fire Systems Design Engineer
Fire Systems Design Engineer - Competitive Salary + Package
Your new company
Every business is unique, so we make sure that our unwavering commitment to engineering and service excellence achieves measurable results. With decades of experience in delivering facilities management at the highest level, and an enviable track record collaborating with customers to achieve high performing, productive, and sustainable workplaces, we are proud to count some of the finest organisations in the world as our customers.
Your new role
To design, draw and estimate proposals for Fire Detection and Alarm Systems projects and small works.
You will be accountable for the Design, Estimating and production of all fire system related drawings and compliance documents.
- You will be liaising with onsite commercial / technical / operational management in order to comply with company procedures
- Attend Client contract meetings when required
- Prepare project files to include LPCB/BRE LPS1014 documentation from design certification through to verification
- Maintain a Technical Library, including both product and legislative requirement
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in designing and modification of Fire Detection and Alarm System.
- You will Need a City&Guilds in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Estimation and Design of Fire Detection and Alarm Systems, conventional and Analogue Addressable.
- Knowledgeable in matters relating to Health&Safety, Technical and Statutory requirements including CDM regulations and ensure compliance at all times
- Trained and experienced in Auto Cad
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- FIA Units 1,2 and 3 in Design
- Knowledge of key operational management disciplines e.g quality control, work planning methods
- Able to design fire systems in line with BS5839 Pt1 and LPCB/BRE LPS1014 standards
- Good knowledge and understanding with commercial and contractual issues
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work alongside a prestigious, multi national organisation, that operates to the highest standard. You will get a very competitive salary with a great package as well as 25 days holiday. You will work 07:45 - 16:30 (16:15 on Fridays), working a 9 day fortnight (every second Friday OFF)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.