Fire Alarm Installation Engineer
Fire Alarm Installation Engineer - Newbury - Competitive Salary + Package
Your new company
Every business is unique, so we make sure that our unwavering commitment to engineering and service excellence achieves measurable results. With decades of experience in delivering facilities management at the highest level, and an enviable track record collaborating with customers to achieve high performing, productive, and sustainable workplaces, we are proud to count some of the finest organisations in the world as our customers.
Your new role
To carry out Installation works on both new and existing fire detection and alarm systems, ensuring that local procedures are adhered to.
- Installation of fire detection and alarm systems in accordance with BS5839pt1 2017 and BRE / LPS1014
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities, including relevant training and medicals, as deemed necessary for working in radiological and explosive controlled areas.
- Complete time-sheets weekly
- Ensure all relevant engineering practises are adhered to.
- Maintain company issued equipment in good order
- carry out all duties in accordance with Company Safety Manual
- Advise manager on the progress of works as requested
- develop and maintain effective client relationship and assist in gaining further work for the Company
- Attend necessary training courses
- Wear Company issued clothing at all times
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have had previous experience in installing fire detection systems.
- City&guilds 236 parts 1&2 electrical installation or equivalent
- Proven ability to install containment and cabling specifically related to fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience on working in industrial enviroments
- 18th Edition electrical qualification
- Proven knowledge on relevant Fire Standards BS 5839 pPart1 - 2017, BS6266 Pt 1 - 2013, BS7273
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 (fire Detection Design), Unit 4 (installation and Testing)
You will be smart, presentable with excelent communication skills. You must be personable and apprachable, A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative. You must be willing to work additional hours if and when reasonably requested. You must also have a full driving licence.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work alongside a prestigious, multi national organisation, that operates to the highest standard. You will get a very competitive salary with a great package as well as 25 days holiday. You will work 07:45 - 16:30 (16:15 on Fridays), working a 9 day fortnight (every second Friday OFF)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.