Principal Electrical Engineer
Our client is looking to recruit a Principal Electrical Engineer for their office in Hampshire.
The candidate should have a minimum of an HNC in Building Services Engineering and ideally degree qualified. The candidate should be Chartered or working towards Chartership (not mandatory), with at least 15 years design / project management and team leadership experience.
Their main office is in Hampshire; however, the role will involve travelling as and when required for attendance at design team meetings or visits to site.
Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants will need to have the motivation to work independently across several varied projects and have worked within a consultancy.
· The ability to lead teams of MEP engineers, working alongside the management team to provide feedback on programme and costs.
· Client facing activities from RIBA Stage 1 preparation to Stage 6 Handover.
· Experience using CAD is preferred, with knowledge of executing a BIM Plan.
Core experience should include;
• A sound technical knowledge of all Electrical systems, and appreciate other specialisms including external consultants.
• Provide mentorship to young engineers within the electrical team.
• Monitor the quality and technical output of others using standard Quality Assurance procedures.
• The ability to identify the requirement for resources, to plan and manage work on projects to programmes.
• Feedback actual project costs against target costs to the Directors.
• Understanding the Client’s needs through business relationships.
Competitive salary dependant on qualification and experience. Other benefits include inclusion in pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and flexible working hours.