Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - To £42K + Package
I'm looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer for a well-known international Building services Consultancy based in London. Offering a CIBSE Approved Training and Development program, UK and international projects and no red tape or office politics they offer a unique working environment and a lot of autonomy.
Reporting to a Director or Associate you will be responsible for carrying out detailed mechanical (HVAC including hot and cold-water services and above ground drainage) building services design engineering on a broad range of new build and refurbishment projects across the UK and abroad.
Key duties will include;
- Undertake feasibility studies from concept to detailed design stages
- Attend and lead design and client meetings.
- Carry out surveys and inspections of projects and mechanical service and plant rooms.
- Designs HVAC services and produce drawings and specifications.
- Work as part of a design team; working towards a common goal.
- Use Hevacomp or IES to produce calculations.
- Produce mark-up drawings for the CAD and Revit Technicians.
- Maintain a good relationship with a network of suppliers.
- Foster good working relationships with contractors, architects and structural engineers.
- MSc or BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) in Building Services Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least three years' experience within the industry
- Ability to design HVAC services from concept design, through detailed design to installation and review.
- Able to interpret and review models in Revit/Navisworks.
- Private Medical Insurance
- 5% Pension
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership (MIET, MCIBSE, MASHRAE)
- 25 days annual leave
- CIBSE Approved Training and Development Program.
- Flexible hours - Including a 1.30pm finish every Friday.