Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with Plymouth.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be delivery focused and client facing. Working alongside the Team Leader you will develop and deliver, coordinated, collaborative, well designed and technically excellent design solutions that reflect our clients brief and aspirations.
They work closely as a team internally and externally with their collaborators to bring together professionals from diverse disciplines to solve highly complex challenges in the built environment.
By creating and embracing a unique culture they ensure they remain leaders in their field enjoying what they do, having fun and achieve the best results by delivering a consistent, high-quality service for their clients. For them it is personal.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will take an active role in growing the skills and abilities of our people, including supervising and training junior Mechanical Engineers;
- You will work on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally. These span a cross section of sectors with specific local focusses on Science and Research Laboratories, Hotels and Leisure, Higher Education, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
- You will be client facing, with the opportunity to lead mechanical services design on large projects and lead the multi-disciplinary team on small to medium sized projects within the office.
What They Are Looking For
- Ambitious, creative and driven
- Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering.
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required
- Ownership of the quality of their outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to be client facing
- Understanding and identify resource needs
- Mentor, develop and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
Why Work For Them:
To reward your hard work and commitment they offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Significant opportunities for career progression