Are you a Thermal Modeller looking for a new opportunity with an already established building services consultancy?
The consultancy that we are working have been established for over 40 years and have offices across the country with over 100 staff. They have had an influx of work and recently won a new project therefore needing a dynamic and talented Thermal Modeller to come and join their team in Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical capabilities when it comes to modelling with IES or EDSL TAS. You will have worked within the building services industry for a minimum of 2 years and will have an appreciation of other disciplines within the built environment. You will have worked within a team but will be comfortable working independently on projects. The ideal candidate needs to be self-sufficient and can work well on their own initiative under pressure.
Thermal Modeller duties:
Your role will be working to deadlines alongside the design team to produce high quality reports to assess energy demands, building loads, overheating risk, compliance with Part L and to produce EPCs and energy strategy reports.
Daily responsibilities will include: -
- Thermal Modelling within a variety of building types using industry specific software
- Production of energy assessments for independent dwellings to whole retail parks from preliminary status through Tender, Construction and As Installed.
- Production of Part L compliance reports.
- Production of Overheating risk assessments to meet TM52/BB101 guidance.
- Production of building fabric / systems optimisation studies / reports.
- Production of Renewable Energy / Low to Zero Carbon technology Feasibility reports.
- Working to often short project deadlines.
- Liaison with the Architects and M&E Engineers.
- Taking responsibility for electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk.
- Taking responsibility for the storing/archiving of IES models.
- Issuing of reports.
- Contribution to IES standards.