CAD Technician - Croydon - Permanent - Up to £36k + Benefits
Your new company
My client is a fast-growing specialist joinery manufacturer and fit out contractor, they have an enviable reputation for the quality of their products, the skills of their workshop and site-based teams. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CAD Technician to join our expanding team, working within the high-end joinery and fit out industry on a full time permanent basis.
Your new role
The role will involve supporting the senior design managers in coordinating the full design, manufacture and installation of projects, with opportunities to oversee the process from start to finish. You will be working on high profile projects within the commercial interior fit out sector.
- Liaise with project and contracts managers to plan overall production activity and daily manufacturing requirements
- Work with approved drawings to create production drawings
- Utilise manufacturing software packages to program product to run through our manufacturing processes
- Work with Project Managers to coordinate field requirements
- Refine engineering detail and assembly documentation for manufacturing
- Have a thorough understanding of joinery production and installation processes
- Co-ordinate jobs throughout the setting-out process into manufacture
- Opportunity to become involved in the manufacturing and installation phases on specific projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- A thorough knowledge of joinery and furniture manufacturing
- Ideally a carpentry related degree/qualification
- Familiar with typical millwork manufacturing
- Familiar with CNC programming
- Good written & verbal communication skills (able to accurately convey concepts and designs to fabricators & clients)
- Experience with the following software packages: AutoCAD, 3D Design Software, Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Excel, Word, etc)
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary (Negotiable DOE)
- Training opportunities
- Supportive and friendly working atmosphere
- Social Events
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.