Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Government Department in Belfast have a requirement for a Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer.
Your new company
Our client is a government department based in Belfast who provide various government departments and the wider public sector with the delivery and support of planned maintenance to their property and estate.
Your new role
This is a contract position for an initial 6 months subject to further extension. You will report to a Senior Engineer and within the team and provide various aspects of mechanical building services to Government Departments, Agencies and the wider public sector. In this multi-disciplinary department, you'll be part of the Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Engineers team. You will be required to carry out a variety of activities such as:
- Feasibility, design and contract managing the installation of mechanical building services minor works projects (up to a value of £400k);
- Interrogation of Building Energy Management Systems;
- Advising clients on a variety of building services related issues including planned preventative maintenance, building energy management and sustainable development;
- Liaising with other professional and technical staff in the department and with client representatives to effectively maintain the client's property estate to ensure satisfactory use for intended purpose and value for money;
- Maintaining unit performance and client delivery in compliance with all statutory, health and safety, policy, good practice requirements and associated guidance;
- Compliance with public sector procurement policy;
- Operation of energy monitoring and targeting systems;
- Providing support to Contract Management Team.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be hold either a BTEC/Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering with a minimum of 1 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 7 years, in the production of mechanical building services designs typically found in non-domestic buildings. You must hold a full UK Driving Licence with access to a vehicle.
What you'll get in return
The salary for this position is £30,149 per annum paid pro rata on a weekly basis. You will be paid via BACS transfer every Friday morning. Business mileage will be reimbursed at the HMRC rate per mile. Free on-site car parking is available. You will be based from a modern office environment with on-site catering and coffee facilities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.