Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Associate Mechanical Design Engineer – Building Services - Oxford Skilled Careers are working with one of the top multi-disciplinary consultancies in the UK to find an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Oxford office. My client is one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world and has a track record of delivering some of the most iconic projects from across the globe. Although known for their commercial work, my client can provide you with access to a wide range of project sectors including; mixed-use, education, laboratories, heritage, hotels, retail, aviation and more! They currently have 11 offices in the UK and due to successful bids resulting in an increased workload they are looking to add an Associate Mechanical to the team.
The role requires the Associate to command respect of both clients and colleagues and demonstrate key management attributes including: ownership of relationships and projects; to be a strong team player and be a professional with a proven ability to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently with successful delivery of design projects.
Key responsibilities will be to:
• Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development.
• Continually improve standards and quality of designs by providing advice and technical support to your direct reports to achieve successful design and delivery of projects. • Inform, communicate and promote within the Team, the standards created and required within our internal quality management systems
• Manage and control resources and fees on projects where appropriate, to ensure quality, accuracy and effective and timely delivery.
• Maintain regular contact with existing Clients and build on existing relationships in conjunction with business development. Help source new potential leads and develop on them as well as ensuring client satisfaction to service repeat business.
• Manage, train and motivate any direct reporting staff, in conjunction with HR.
The right candidate will be either currently working as an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer within a smaller consultancy or be a Principal/Associate level engineer within a larger organisation ready to make the next step up. You will be technically excellent and have the ability to understand and formulate design decisions. You will have good financial acumen and an understanding of the financial and management aspects of running a project on time and on budget. You will be able to provide examples of where you have delivered large projects and have a proven track record of success. UK experience is essential for this role as you must have excellent knowledge of the key stakeholders in the UK Building Services market.
In return you will receive a generous salary as well as excellent career prospects To show your interest in this role contact Kieran Brown on 07711 420 662 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org