Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £55K - £58K
Skilled Careers are working with a fantastic consultancy that are on course for a record year, due to having a strong pipeline of projects. You will have the opportunity to be exposed in the Residential, Education, Healthcare and the Commercial sectors. My client boasts a very low staff turnover and we know Clients value the benefit of Engineers and Staff remaining involved with a project from inception to completion.
Due to the size of the Surrey office, you will be exposed to all sides of the engineering process. You will very much exposed working with some of the top clients in the industry taking them from the process. You will oversee from conception all the way through the completion, once you get started you will be one of the key figures in the Residential sector but will have the chance to see through projects in other sectors.
Key responsibilities will be to:
• Take responsibility for specific areas of the design and project development.
• Continually improve standards and quality of designs by providing advice and technical support to your direct reports to achieve successful design and delivery of projects.
• Inform, communicate and promote within the Team, the standards created and required within our internal quality management systems.
• Manage and control resources and fees on projects where appropriate, to ensure quality, accuracy and effective and timely delivery.
• Maintain regular contact with existing Clients and build on existing relationships in conjunction with business development. Help source new potential leads and develop on them as well as ensuring client satisfaction to service repeat business.
• Manage, train and motivate any direct reporting staff, in conjunction with HR.
The right candidate will eventually be promoted to Principal/Associate in the future. You will be technically excellent and have the ability to understand and formulate design decisions. You will have good financial acumen and an understanding of the financial and management aspects of running a project on time and on budget. You will be able to provide examples of where you have delivered large projects and have a proven track record of success. UK experience is essential for this role as you must have excellent knowledge of the key stakeholders in the UK Building Services market.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, looking for a role in the Surrey area – for more information contact Kieran Brown on 07711 420 662 or send an email to email@example.com.