Junior /Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer: London, Croydon or Kent
Junior / Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer **New role**
London, Croydon or Orpington
Salary £25k to £45k depending on experience + Pension & Health care
Motivated Junior Electrical Design Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in London, Croydon or Orpington, but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers all across the UK and internationally through our Global Design Centre.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all of our focus markets, including Commercial, Residential, Retail & Rail.
The desired team member is reliable and enthusiastic with an ability to make sound judgements. They will need to demonstrate success in identifying and following through on leads associated with additional work prospects on the projects they are involved with.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management
Our Practice is committed to developing our ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organisation of our size and reach. Our ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an enquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of our digital practice, and the ability to lead and manage large and diverse delivery teams, locally and remotely.
• Ensuring an understanding of project briefs
• Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations
• Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
• Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools
• Preparing technical specifications
• Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost
• Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit)
• Attending at meetings with clients and contractors
• Assist with site surveys, inspections and monitor/recording site works
• Report writing, maintaining records and archives to company standards, drafts technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality
• Manage own workload with limited supervision, help & assist with technical development of more junior staff, competent to check the work of others
• Able to assign work to graduate engineers/architects, technicians/administrative staff
• Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects, with at least two years design and site experience
Note: Candidates with HNC/D and at least five years design and site experience will also be considered
• Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
• Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential, good knowledge of consultancy work procedures
• Have a good knowledge of appropriate technical standards
• Able to be responsible for personal actions relating to project deliverables, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Good report and presentation writing skills, experience of attending meetings with client is essential
Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the management team from time to time in order to maintain flexibility in the organisation. We support agile & flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.