Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Established in the 1970's, this privately-owned building services engineering consultancy operate from a network of seven offices and currently employ around 125 staff. Over the years they have developed a reputation for designing, managing and delivering innovative projects across the commercial, healthcare, education sectors and have pioneered a number of developments in BIM and Low Energy Design.
Having already secured 80% of their required fee income for the next 12 months they are now looking for a degree qualified, Junior or Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer for the London office, based near Euston.
Reporting to a Chartered Principal Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing innovative electrical building services solutions through RIBA stages 2-5. This will involve;
- Designing of electrical engineering projects in accordance with clients' requirements.
- Using a range of software such as Amtech, Revit and Dialux to design small power, lighting, data, fire alarm, CCTV, security, BMS and standby power.
- Liasing with Mechanical and Sustainability Engineers to ensure all designs are properly coordinated and a integrated MEP design solution is specified.
- Producing schematics, design proposals, performance specifications, full designs, technical reports and feasibility studies.
- Attending site meetings and resolving unforeseen challenges on projects.
- Ensuring your projects or tasks are delivered within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Developing your skills and understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Maintaining a register of your CPD and being proactive in terms of achieving your CEng status.
This is a great opportunity to work for a well respected, stable and employee ownded Building Services Consultancy and work on a range of high profile education, healthcare and commercial projects.
- 37.5 hours a wee
- 23 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Ongoing CPD / Day release
- Annual salary review
- Degree qualified
- At least one years experience in electrical design within a consulting environment.
- Must be able to use Amtech, AutoCAD and Dialux.