Vertical Transportation Engineer
Our client is a global multi-disciplined design consultancy based in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
Their industry leading and award-winning MEP team consists of over 500 people nationwide.
Their mechanical and electrical engineers work on projects within residential, commercial, aviation, defence, healthcare, education, pharmaceutical, sports, and leisure.
They are market leaders on large international projects as well as small scale local experts who seek to improve communities through strong design and effective project management.
They are friendly, busy and motivated with an established track record of successfully delivering local and overseas projects.
Due to a rapid increase in workload they are currently looking for a Vertical Transportation Engineer to join their growing team.
About the team:
The Vertical Transportation team works within their larger multi-disciplinary Building & Places division.
Their VT team offers a full range of consultancy services, and has extensive knowledge and experience in the design, modernisation, installation and maintenance of all types of lifts, escalators and moving walkways.
You will work closely with their Vertical transportation Directors to deliver major vertical transportation projects.
Your technical duties will include the design and specification of new lift and escalator systems, lift traffic simulation/analysis, project monitoring and witness testing.
The individual will be required to produce client reports with recommendations and solutions, produce technical and performance specifications, analyse contractor proposals and produce tender reports.
You will assist with a wide range of projects in majority of sectors including residential, retail, commercial, hotel and healthcare.
Your duties will include:
- Develop vertical transportation design concepts, calculate number, size and speed of lifts for all types of buildings including high rise.
- Be competent with engineering calculations and relevant software.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
- Operate as part of the wider design team and have input throughout the project stages.
- Attend progress, design team and co-ordination meetings.
- Prepare reports / technical content of the design information for all stages of a project.
- Input to pre-qualification and selection of contractors, respond to tender queries, comment on and review tender returns.
- Attend site review progress and witness test the installations
- Ensure the project work complies with the Project Management Plan and Programme.
- Understand and implement company Safety Health and Environment Policy.
- An excellent technical understanding of lift and escalator technologies
- Experience with lift analytical simulation software, Elevate
- Minimum NVQ4, HNC or equivalent Lift or appropriate engineering qualification
- A clear work history and proof of professional development and learning
- Incorporated/ Chartered Engineer (or working towards) with a relevant engineering body
- Relevant Engineering Degree or professional qualification
- EOR202 safe working on lifts but not essential as training will be given
- Ideally you will live locally to the office or be willing to relocate
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – firstname.lastname@example.org