Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Croydon - Competitive Salary - CAD & Revit
Your new company
A well-established Design Consultancy are currently on the lookout for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team based in Croydon. For 20 years they have been designing for schools and colleges, retail and leisure, commercial buildings to major regeneration, and been involved in award winning schemes. Due to continued growth and increased workload they now require a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Your new role
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role will be to carry out detailed MEP designs up to construction level for a variety of projects from small surveys, feasibilities / energy studies to large scale housing, education and commercial projects and will be able to attend project meetings with the design team and client. The role includes monitoring design team costs taking into account the programme and budget provided for each of the projects.
The role is suited to a candidate who is ambitious, self motivated and a team player. The ideal candidate will be someone who can produce designs from initial design through to completion, including production of specifications, drawings, schedules and cost estimates using word and excel and also managing clients and other team members.
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferably degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Experience of working in a small or medium sized consulting engineering practice (30 people or less)
- Conversant in Autocad and have a working knowledge of IES, Cymap and REVIT MEP.
- First class technical knowledge and strong design coordination skills
- A track record of hands-on design and delivery experience
- Experience of carrying out condition surveys, feasibility studies and budget estimates for mechanical services
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience and knowledge of current Building Regulations / Renewable technologies / Thermal Modelling / SAPs/ SBEM Calculations/ EPC's / BREEAM / Passivhaus Standards.
- CIBSE Guides
- CDM Regulations
- British Standards
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary depending on experience + benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.