Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer
As part of an increase in workload my client who specialises in large mixed use developments, master planning schemes, district heating systems and hotel projects, is seeking a client facing Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer.
- Assist in the management of workload for junior staff.
- Approve detailed design information and calculations submitted by Engineers and Graduate staff.
- Witness and accept the testing and commissioning procedures for the project plant equipment and systems.
- Liaise with internal and external Design Team, Client and Contractors as appropriate.
- Undertake the control of all production aspects of the projects in the office.
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Ensure the design team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
- Produce all design information as outlined in the Project Management Plan and the design philosophy.
- Ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the Design Management Plan, relevant Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Compile design reports, specifications, drawings and any other Contract Documents required, and ensure that these are approved by the Principal Engineer / Project Director.
- Attend progress, design team and co-ordinator meetings.
- Witness commissioning procedures.
- Inspect and prepare a list of defects and works outstanding.
- Carry out site inspections to verify that the installation is in accordance with the design.
- Review and comment on the operating maintenance drawings to manuals and ensure. compliance with the project
- Liaise with the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor to assist in the completion of the Health and Safety file.
- BEng / HND in relevant discipline (Electrical Engineering).
- Ideally 4-5 years' Residential, Hotel, High Rise Apartments.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and associated software.
- Able to work on/run own projects.
- Client facing.
- Able to write specifications.
My client offers a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress to Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.