Junior Electrical Design Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking for an Assistant or a Junior Electrical Design Engineer to support the planned expansion of the MEP team for a Consultancy in Surrey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business at a stage of growth. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career and develop with the growth and success of the firm. The client is an innovative, forward thinking mechanical, electrical and environmental services consultancy, specialising in providing inspiring design, expert witness and advisory services to a wide range of sectors such as; residential, industrial, commercial, healthcare, education and retail.
As the new Junior Electrical Design Engineer, you will be working alongside the Lead Engineer you will be communicating with the client and project teams, responding to the clients’ needs, assisting in developing and producing reports, specifications, drawings, supporting/undertaking site inspections and overseeing testing and commissioning activities.
- Previous experience of 1+ years within Building Services
- Sound technical knowledge in Electrical Engineering Design and knowledge of current standards and legislations.
- Proficiency in electrical calculation software packages (Amtech, Dialux, Relux), AutoCAD.
- Experience of working in the BIM environment (REVIT) and MicroStation will be beneficial; however not essential.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Minimum HND/HNC (Electrical bias) – ideally Degree qualifications (relevant).
- Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with internal and external design teams and disciplines.
- Ability to write or assist with writing reports and preparing specifications/schedules (Using NES).
Apply for Junior Electrical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly