Building Services Engineer (Corporate Maintenance)
Somerset County Council is seeking a positive, committed and confident Building Service Engineer to join its Corporate Property Team.
About the job
The role typically serves to support the Council’s reactive, planned and cyclical maintenance service and will include tasks such as defects analysis, fault finding and resolution, managing and monitoring contractors works, specification of minor works, report writing and providing professional support and guidance regarding building services to colleagues and SCC service users.
Holding qualifications in a relevant area of Building Services and with extensive post qualification operating experience in a Building Services environment, you will have a broad and varied remit across the Corporate Estate providing day to day support relating to Hard FM Building Services
For an informal discussion about this post please contact David Dangerfield on 01823 356857
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Closing date: 2 August 2019
Job ref: SCC00643AMB