Building Physics Engineer
This is a fantastic chance for a Building Physics Engineer to join an already established and quickly growing team of engineers in Leeds.
Our client has been established for over 20 years now and have a really strong pipeline of work leading into the future. They have a really mixed bag of professionals working with them from people that have come up off of the tools to extremely qualified engineers, it's a real melting pot of talent. They have around 25 employees in their Leeds office with their Building Physics team being about 3 strong at the moment. They work on some really interesting projects from stadia to high end health care facilities as well as some of your more standard sectors. They are currently looking for and ambitious and talented Building Physics Engineer to come and join their diverse and rapidly evolving team of engineers.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical capabilities when it comes to modelling with IES. You will have worked within the building services industry for a minimum of 2 years and will have an appreciation of other disciplines within the built environment. You will have worked within a team but will be comfortable working independently on projects. The ideal candidate needs to be self-sufficient and can work well on their own initiative under pressure. You will ideally be L4 and L5 Low Carbon Consultant, but this isn't a deal breaker if you aren't as this company are willing to help you achieve these accreditations.
Building Physicist Responsibilities:
Your role will be working to deadlines alongside the design team to produce high quality reports to assess energy demands, building loads, overheating risk, compliance with Part L and to produce EPCs and energy strategy reports.
Daily responsibilities will include: -
- Thermal Modelling within a variety of building types using industry specific software
- Production of energy assessments for independent dwellings to whole retail parks from preliminary status through Tender, Construction and As Installed.
- Production of Part L compliance reports.
- Production of Overheating risk assessments to meet TM52/BB101 guidance.
- Production of building fabric / systems optimisation studies / reports.
- Production of Renewable Energy / Low to Zero Carbon technology Feasibility reports.
- Working to often short project deadlines.
- Liaison with the Architects and M&E Engineers.
- Taking responsibility for electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk.
- Taking responsibility for the storing/archiving of IES models.
- Issuing of reports.
- Contribution to IES standards.
If you want the chance to get involved with a really great consultancy that is going to help progress your career as a Building Physics Engineer, then apply now and find out the full scope of the position.