Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical (Building Services) Design Engineer - London - To £45K
I'm looking for an Intermediate Mechanical (Building Services) Design Engineer to join a leading, medium sized multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in London. This role will appeal to an ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking for a CIBSE approved Training and Development program, interesting projects and quick career progression.
- Established over 50 years ago.
- Almost 1000 staff located across 12 UK offices.
- Have doubled in size as a business over the past five years, whilst still retaining one of the best levels of staff retention in the industry.
- Passionate about attracting, developing and rewarding their staff.
- Unique projects; everything from F1 facilities to hospitals, schools, offices, prisons and research labs.
- Hands on, HVAC Design role on a range of existing and new build projects.
- Attending site surveys, producing specifications and equipment schedules.
- Overseeing the installation / construction phase of your own projects.
- Lead (Mechanically) your own smaller projects (£1M- £5M) and lead your own client meetings.
- Coordinate your designs with other inhouse electrical, sustainability, civil, structural engineers, architects and project managers.
- Use Revit, Hevacomp and IES to produce robust energy efficient HVAC designs.
- Ensure your projects / designs meet British Standards, CIBSE guidelines and all health and safety requirements.
- Running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, equipment selection, drawings and specifications.
- Attending CPD's and willingness to become a Chartered Engineer.
- 5% Pension Contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Payment of 1 x Professional Membership (MCIBSE, MIMechE, Low Carbon Energy Assessor etc)
- 4 x Life Assurance
- Regular CPD
- Annual salary review / increase
- Car Allowance for Chartered Engineers
- Degree qualified in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of three years' experience as a consulting engineer.
- Ability to use AutoCAD or Revit and IES or Hevacomp.
- Able to work in the UK without any restrictions.