BIM Lead/ REVIT Technician
Job Description: BIM Lead / Revit Technician
MEP BIM lead & Revit technician, based in Cambridge or surrounding area to deliver BIM level 2 schemes and fully coordinated, dimensioned MEP services Model to RIBA Stage 5 – construction.
Generally you will be working from a RIBA Stage 4 technically complete design model and develop this to deliver fully coordinated dimensioned drawings for the installation team. You will have lead a number of BIM level 2 schemes to the BEP and have a detailed knowledge of PAS 1192.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate
- Extensive Working knowledge of Revit MEP and building services sector
- Proven ability to deliver BIM level 2 schemes to the BEP.
- Monitor progress of design against the agreed programme and ensure documentation is completed on time.
- Review & critically appraise existing design models throughout the design process. Ensure model development is consistent with the required level of definition and in line with the BEP suitable to develop into working detail.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team to resolve clashes.
- HNC, HND, or BEng in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal to ensure good communication with Engineering staff when developing project deliverables.
- Attend design coordination and design team meetings with professional team. Set goals for meetings, clearly convey actions and resolve design issues.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and fully implemented and take appropriate action where individuals do not comply with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines on multiple projects.
- The ability to work unsupervised but also to be an active team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a client facing environment.
Technicians need to be efficient with using Revit MEP and carry out the following tasks;
- All aspects of building services (MEP) design to deliver fully dimensioned working drawings.
- Knowledge of working detail of MEP components, fixtures and fittings.
- Ability to coordinate and the develop sequencing of services.
- Ability to document design/coordination issues and recommend alternative solutions.