Senior Public Health Design Engineer (Croydon)
Senior Public Health Design Engineer
£55k to £60k + Package
We are looking for an engineer, with proven experience to join the Building Services team in either our Croydon office. This opportunity represents the chance to join one of the world's largest engineering organisations at senior level, where you will be given the scope to grow and develop your skillset and further your career.
The role will provide a range of challenging and dynamic projects where you will have the ability to receive and develop a brief and contribute to the development of the design and construction process. You will be leading the public health engineering design on a diverse range of projects and providing public health engineering support to the other members of the various multi-discipline teams around the UK.
- Have a degree qualification or equivalent in a building services engineering related discipline and Membership of SoPHE and/or the Institute of Plumbing
- A desire to be involved in the design process of our built environment
- An aspiration to contribute to reducing carbon dioxide emissions of buildings and create a more sustainable environment.
- Open-mindedness about and interest in a broad range of subjects related to sustainability in the built environment
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and presentation
- Experience in reasoning and presenting a convincing argument
- Experience in commercial, residential, healthcare and transport projects
- Good analytical skills and a high level of numeracy
- Able to produce outputs to a high standard and meet project deadlines.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
We support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We are seeking a public health engineer to work within the Building services department. The engineer will report directly to one of the public health team leaders. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. The focus of the role is being able to lead and carry out technical public health engineering design on various projects within various sectors.