Revit MEP Technician
Job Role: Revit MEP Technician
Location: Central London
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is an award-winning MEP consulting engineering practice with offices in the UK, Middle East and Far East. Established in the UK in 1998, the company has the critical mass — accompanied with the right calibre of people, design tools and effective support systems that allow it to compete with the very best in the industry.
The business has developed an excellent reputation for delivering a client-focused quality service, much of which can be attributed to the principle of having directors and senior management committed to projects from initial concept stage through to completion.
Due to a rapid increase in workload we currently seeking an experienced Revit MEP Technician to join their growing team in Central London, assisting the production of Revit Models and CAD drawings for all stages of design ensuring the effective design of some prestigious projects.
The ideal candidate will be required to work alongside their established team of expert engineers and CAD/Revit Technicians, in the production and supervision of detailed 2D CAD general assemblies, and also produce design coordinated 3D BIM models using Revit into their current design practices, and help mentor more junior CAD staff in the use of Revit.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Interpret engineering designs and produce & amend technical drawings using software appropriate to the discipline and project/s
• Produce calculations using the appropriate tools and/or systems
• Anticipate and highlight potential design problems
• Quality control of documents, ensuring that changes are identified, accuracy of drawings held on file is maintained, and documents are issued to clients and contractors in the required format
• Check work for accuracy and quality control purposes, including the works of colleagues and other members of the project team
• Assist at project site visits, performing tasks as required (e.g. attending meetings, taking photographs, monitoring work against specification and highlighting problems, proving on-site instruction with regard to drawings)
• Attend and participate in design and/or review meetings
• Co-ordinate site investigations with external advisers, and co-ordinate resulting correspondence between parties
• Liaise and collaborate with other members of the design team over queries or issues relating to drawings, and assist with resolution
• Provide technical assistance to colleagues on software issues, working across other offices and disciplines
• Develop, maintain and continuously improve technical standards
• Support and assist less experienced colleagues where required
• Follow project management, QA, environmental and health and safety procedures
• Demonstrate proactive approach to continuous professional development
The ideal candidate should have the following experience;
• HNC/HND (or equivalent)
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks (minimum 3 years)
• Capable of integrating and co-ordinating M&E services into complex buildings
• Full services coordination experience
• Proven ability to produce accurate technical drawings
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as a part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Good understanding of construction process and associated MEP services.
• Good problem-solving skills
• Able to meet deadlines and work within set timescales
• Able to comply and maintain company’s CAD standards and workflows
For more information regarding the above role please contact Stephen Tiigah – firstname.lastname@example.org