M&E Programme Manager - Translink
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with Translink to recruit an M&E Programme Manager to join their Infrastructure & Projects team based in their new Milewater Road Service Centre in Belfast.
With around 3,800 employees across various locations throughout the province, Translink are one of Northern Ireland's largest employers who established over 50 years ago when Northern Ireland Railways, Ulsterbus and Citybus came together to form Translink. Recent figures have confirmed a 3.4m increase in passenger journeys, the highest in over 20 years. This growth has been driven by investment in new services and physical infrastructure to roads, rail track and stations.
Your new role
You will be responsible for leading and managing the M&E Project Delivery and Property Maintenance teams within the Property Department. You will also be responsible for delivering best practice project management and maintenance budget efficiencies.
The following reflects typical duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all tasks:
- Effectively manage the M&E Maintenance and Project Delivery teams
- Manage the delivery of M&E Capital Projects in accordance with PMO, procurement and contracts procedures and governance. Proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action. Act as stakeholder for all Property Division capital projects.
- Plan the M&E Capital Programme and developing strategic investment plans in line with long term maintenance plan for M&E assets.
- Effectively manage the M&E maintenance of Translink's property estate. Drive continuous improvement through the adoption modern maintenance techniques and systems to best assess and maintain the M&E assets.
- Ensure M&E inspections and testing are undertaken in accordance with industry guidance and best practice and all defects identified rectified.
- Managing the M&E capital and revenue budget on behalf of the Head of Property, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits.Ensure compliance with regard to the latest; legislation, regulations and best practice guidance.
- Develop and implement an estate wide Energy Strategy and manage invest to save projects
resulting from Energy audits.
- Assist with the development and delivery of ISO55000 compliant Asset Management System.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in M&E project management of major projects or property maintenance.
- Minimum of a Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or
Minimum of a Degree (or equivalent) in a Construction related subject with a minimum of 3 years experience in an M&E role.
- Experience in testing and commissioning of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience in setting, forecasting and managing budgets.
- Experience of the NEC (or equivalent) form of contract.
- Full current driving licence and access to a vehicle
What you'll get in return
Highly competitive salary, plus 10% individual performance relate bonus
NIGOSC Pension scheme
37 hours per week
25 day annual leave plus 9 statutory days.
Free onsite Parking
Personal and family travel pass entitling you to free travel throughout Northern Ireland on Translink bus and rail network.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Closing date for completed applications is 12 noon 10th September 2019, early applications are advised.