Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Croydon)
Job Title Senior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Salary: £55k to £60k + 5% Pension + Private Health care & bonus
We are Building Services and Sustainability Consulting Engineers, with offices in
Croydon, Surrey. Our multinational team has extensive experience in undertaking projects across the UK. Project include High-end residential, Commercial, Education & Retail with a long order book including £1bn Mix use project in London
We have an opportunity for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our
established Building Engineering Team. You will play an active role in all stages of our projects from feasibility through to
Key Skills Essential
▪ Proven 6+ years of design experience across a varied portfolio of projects.
▪ Problem solving skills and understands where to look to find information.
▪ Appreciates detail and best practice design guides
▪ Competent numeracy skills.
▪ Competent communication skills (phone and emails).
▪ Appreciates time management skill and deadlines.
▪ Ability to work in and support a team.
▪ Good use of English colloquial and technical language (written and spoken).
▪ Experience in design software (Amtech).
▪ Experience in technical software (Dialux / Relux).
▪ Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
▪ Ability to translate design information onto drawings for CAD / Revit team.
▪ Good planning and organisational skills.
▪ Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
Technical Skills Preferred
▪ Power distribution and switchpanel design experience.
▪ Earthing and lightning protection design experience.
▪ Lighting systems, luminaires and controls design experience.
▪ Small power systems design experience.
▪ Cable management and containment design experience.
▪ Fire alarm and detection systems design experience.
▪ Appreciation of IET Regulations.
▪ Appreciation of CIBSE and SLL Guides.
▪ Familiarity with key design British Standards / European Norms.
▪ Familiarity with BSRIA, BCO etc. Guides.
▪ Experience of working in the residential sector.
▪ Experience of working in the leisure sector.
▪ Experience of working in the commercial sector.
▪ Assist with utility provider communications.
▪ Assist in the production of reports at all RIBA stages.
▪ Assist in the production and issue of tender documentation.
▪ Assist in the evaluation of tender returns and produce tender analysis reports.
▪ Assist in witnessing FAT and SAT tests and reporting.
▪ Assist in jointly attending site, Client and DTM meetings and producing minutes.
▪ Assist in commenting on contractor drawings and technical submittals.
▪ Assist in witnessing site testing and commissioning and reporting.
▪ Assist in producing defects and omissions schedules.
▪ Assist in reviewing record drawings and O&M documentation.
▪ Assist in reviewing contractor handover documentation and certification.
▪ Qualified to BTEC or higher level in building services design engineering.
▪ A professional manner and be well presented.
▪ Up to date memberships with professional bodies.
▪ Holder of up to date CSCS safety card.
▪ Ability to build design team relationships.
▪ Experience with BIM.
▪ Flexibility and willingness to travel.
▪ Keen to develop new skills.
▪ CPD record and future development desires.