Development Manager (Property)
We have a great opportunity for a Property / Asset Manager to help formulate and mobilise the investment and commercial development strategy for the rapidly growing Science Campus at Culham. which is seeking to fully develop out the 80-hectare site which is home to the National Fusion Laboratory and a growing cluster of high tech science and engineering based businesses.
You will work with the Head of Property, the commercial property and construction team and the Professional Advisors to bring together the investment, construction and tenant requirements.
- Assist the formulation of the investment strategy for the commercial property portfolio.
- Producing business cases/development briefs.
- Evaluation of development plans, taking into consideration a range of legal, social, financial and environmental factors.
- Identifying opportunities to extend the business and to support and advise with property and operational matters.
- Managing competitor pricing reviews & cash flow forecasts and quarterly investment reports.
- Assisting in making robust financial business cases for new developments and other commercial initiatives which require approval.
- Assisting with the production of the 5-year Business Plan and associated financial modelling.
- Reporting on Responsible Property Investing activities.
The UKAEA Property Unit comprises a team of about 30 staff which manages the Culham Science Centre estate, its buildings, services, commercial property and development portfolio. We are looking for an experienced property asset manager to project manage the delivery of financing, leasing and building new premises for the commercial property portfolio. This role will also be involved with asset valuation, planning, support of the UKAEA work at Harwell and other relevant property development activities which UKAEA may engage in elsewhere in the UK.
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
Knowledge skills and experience
Educated / experienced to degree level (preferably knowledge of surveying)
- RICS Qualified (Chartered Surveyor / Development Surveyor / MRICS)
- Track record of commercial development, property management and lease/finance negotiations
- Substantial experience managing a diverse property portfolio
- Proactive, can-do team player with flexible and adaptable communication style.
- Demonstrable understanding of the challenges facing property development in the public sector
- Strategic asset and estate management
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work-based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.