Principal Building Sciences Engineer
Principal Building Physics Engineer - To £70K + Package
I'm looking for a Principal Building Physics Engineer for a medium (circa 500 staff) sized, global MEP Design and Sustainability Consultancy based in London. The role has been created due to planned growth and recent promotions within the environmental team and offers quick progression, a stable team, a blend of UK and international projects and flexible working hours.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability and Environmental Design; you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of Environmental Design + Sustainability services such as Environmental Design and Analysis, IESVe and ASHRAE 90.1 LEED Energy Modelling, Master-planning design strategy and mentoring the team.
This is a great opportunity to use your expertise in Building physics, dynamic thermal modelling, CFD, building energy performance, thermal comfort, visual comfort, daylighting, microclimate and façade performance and optioneering and join one of the leaders in Low and Zero Carbon building design.
Thsi is a great opportunity to use your expertise in Building physics, dynamic thermal modelling, CFD, building energy performance, thermal comfort, visual comfort, daylighting, microclimate analysis and façade performance and join one of the global leaders in Low and Zero Carbon building design.
- Carry out or review Building Physics simulations for both compliance and building performance engineering.
- Assist with ASHRAE 90.1 modelling for LEED projects.
- Modell a range of heating, ventilation and cooling (mechanical or passive) systems on projects
- Develop bespoke analysis methodologies, tools or plug ins to meet project requirements.
- Deliver workshops to clients on sustainable design themes, trends and emerging technologies.
- Maintain your own CPD to ensure you stay current on topics such as building performance, environmental design and sustainability.
- Analyse existing working practices and proactively suggest new ideas or more efficient ways of working.
- Manage project finances, deliverables and deadlines.
- Maintain HPC linux cluster - including installation of software and script updates.
- Promote technical rigour, innovation and best practices across the business.
- Maintain existing client relationships and actively seek out new opportunities.
- At least six years' experience as an Environmental Modeller / Building Physics Engineer.
- Good understanding of Building Services, Building Sciences and a passion for good architecture.
- Previous experience undertaking ASHRAE 90.1 Energy Modelling and Building Performance Engineering using IESVe and IES Apache HVAC.
- Good awareness of BREEAM, LEED and Well Standards.
- Previous experience using Rhino, Grasshopper, Honeybee or OpenFoam would be great.