Plant Operations Engineer - District Heating
Plant Operations Engineer - District Heating - £42,683 - Nottingham
Your new company
A Plant Operations Engineer working for one of the largest District Heating schemes in the UK. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the District Heating Scheme on a rotating shift basis. Utilising an 11.3MW Condensing Steam Turbine, you'll be maximising the generation of electricity whilst maintaining steam and heat requirements for the District Heating and auxiliary plant.
The position can be physically and mentally demanding at times with unsociable hours and adverse conditions yet can be very rewarding.
You will be required to work 24 hour shift patterns (8 hour shifts)
Shift patterns are - 7 days on + 2days off (x3) followed by 17 days off in a continuous cycle. 25 days holiday on top of this with no restrictions.
Your new role
- To manage and be responsible for control of the distribution of superheated steam at the Heat Station, with due regard to its, high operating pressure (Above 23Bar) and high temperature (Above 370ºC).
- Authorised as a SAP (senior authorised person) under the site safety rules.
- To manage and be responsible for the operation / control of the distribution of electrical power up to and including 33,000 volts to the London Road Heat Station, FCC Incineration Plant, the Grid and the Private Wire customers.
- Responsible for all site maintenance and ordering parts
- Staffing / Rota management
- Planning for outages and emergencies
- Health & Safety
What you'll need to succeed
- A calm and methodical approach under pressure.
- You must be punctual, reliable and have at least 5 years' experience within a CHP, EFW, District Heating or Energy environment with a strong technical background including proven training and experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of water treatment
- City & Guilds or BOAS certification in boiler operations
What you'll get in return
- £42,683 annual salary
- 25 days holiday
- Pension - 6.8% matched by employer
- Generous rest periods
- There will be initial training provided for the successful candidates before moving into your own shift pattern, ongoing training will follow.
What you need to do now
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097